Hi everyone!
Since my blog of last summer's experiences was so popular, I decided to do it again this year. However, I'm going to start writing a little bit earlier this year so that I can take you through graduation, RN boards, and all of the fun things that come at the end of my senior year in nursing school.
You'll notice that my URL has changed from liketheletter.blogspot.com to ellesanto.blogspot.com . The entries from last year are still there, but I decided to start fresh for this year on a new page.
So here goes!
Pinning was on Sunday, and it was an absolutely beautiful event! I have to say, in terms of great days, my nurse's pinning ranks on the top 10 best days of my life. Up there with my siblings' weddings, births of my nephews and neices, and the last day of my Senior year in high school. For more information about the nurse's pin, visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nursing_pin . My entire immediate family was able to make the trip down to PA to watch my ceremony! All of the nurses that I've spoken with since all said, "Oh, I remember my pinning ceremony, even though it was 30, 40, 50 years ago!" I can definitely say that Sunday was unforgettable. I told everyone - I got the chills when they had all of the nurses in the audience to stand and renew their nurse pledge alongside of us. It was so incredible to be standing side-by-side with veteran nurses, committing yourself to the same service that they had been doing for years. Just a great day!
Thank you to my sister for pinning me - to say it was an honor is putting it very lightly.
I got my cap and gown yesterday - with an Apricot hood for BSN - and graduation seems a little bit more real! I'm so excited to be finished, getting my mortarboard just makes me even more so.
Well, stay tuned for my upcoming adventures, which will include my drive out to Minnesota, graduation, nursing boards, and of course, Camp Friendship!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment