So this is my final week as a college kid! That sounds really strange to finally say it, and almost unreal. I haven't even started packing my things up yet, which I should probably start to think about. However, one thing is kind of getting in the way of my productivity. I have a major problem with my foot, and I can't stand on it at all. Suffice to say that I've been hobbling around trying to make it to class and spending the rest of the time sitting with my foot elevated. I guess this is probably perfect studying time for NCLEX, huh?
Well, all that aside, it's been a great week. Ted flew in on Thursday evening and hung out here for Formal on Friday. It was a blast! I danced the whole night, got stepped on a few times, had a great time... What a night! The following day was my last Kaplan class, so I left Ted to his own devices and spent the last couple of Kaplan hours wishing I could go outside in the sun. Boy, was it hot! We went out to dinner that night and then everyone ended up at the heights. There were a few parties going on; someone even thought to put a baby pool in the back. It was so much fun - even after I badly injured my foot while throwing a football.
Sunday I took Ted up to the Village, where we went to this fantastic little restaurant on Bleecker called The Risotteria. They specialize in Gluten-Free food; the pizza there, however, tastes like really awesome regular pizza, and the fact that it is Gluten-Free just makes it 100x better. Totally awesome. We drove up the West Side Highway as dusk settled in - I think the sights on the West Side are my favorite - passing Chelsea Piers, then the Intrepid, the city on Sunday had just erupted with activity. I think every human being was outside on Sunday. Spent the afternoon with my family, had a great dinner, and took a beautiful walk downtown and showed Ted the other Village - Montgomery.
So anyway, Formal's over and now I just have a few final things to do before I say sayonara to DeSales. I'm going to miss it, I know, and I intend to enjoy my last couple of days here. It seriously flew, but I'm still ready to get out of here!
Now I just have my ATI Test tomorrow and my Examen Final de Espanol, which is on Tuesday. I've got the PACE party on Monday evening also - an evening at Doc's vineyard is always fun. Oh, let's not forget Senior Night at the Tally Ho Pub this Thursday!
Countdown to Graduation: 17 days!!!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment